Welcome to the virtual roda. As in a real roda the games are controlled by the soul of capoeira - listen to the music, and play that kind of game. If you have any complaints about material on this forum please contact Brabo at [email protected].

Topics | Search | New topic

Topic: Stringing a berimbau
  Touro
  2006-10-14 14:56:26
Does anyone in Wellington (esp. Kelburn / Aro) feel like showing me how to string a berimbau today or tomorrow?

I just picked it up and don't want to wait until the start of next week to get playing...

Cheers,

Touro.
  Palha�o
  2006-10-15 12:06:45
I googled "how to string a berimbau" and this came up:

http://www.capoeira.bz/music/berimbau.html

Just a thought :)
  Andarilho
  2006-10-15 12:52:35
Yes bro let me know your email address and i can get back to you about where and when to meet to teach you how. It's easy but painful I should warn you.

Touro
  2006-10-15 17:21:20
Thanks for the site - I already looked online, but since this is my first berimbau I really want to have someone watch and tell me if I'm doing something wrong...

My email address is marbiol at gmail dot com.

Worst case, I'll just wait until Tuesday (the Monday class is on the wrong side of town for me right now).
  Andarilho
  2006-10-15 18:04:56
Check your email. I sent you some text and contact details. As I said in the email, tonight will be fine and it's good to see some else that is as mad about their berimbau as I am. To put it lightly. It's a bloody great instrument. Haere ra.
 Page: | 1 |

Go back

~ Add answer ~

Name (nick): *
Content: *
Click me if you are not a spam bot

generated 0.0251 sek | powered by QuickForum v2.1.6a