Welcome to the virtual roda. As in a real roda the games are controlled by the soul of capoeira - listen to the music, and play that kind of game. If you have any complaints about material on this forum please contact Brabo at [email protected].

Topics | Search | New topic

Topic: Systema (Russian martial arts) seminar in Wgtn.
  Tony
  2007-04-03 21:26:21
Hi all,

I hope that this won't be taken as spam, but I'd like to let the NZ Capoeira community know about a Systema (Russian martial arts) seminar happening in Porirua, about 20 minutes drive from Wellington.

Having practiced both Capoeira and Systema I've been struck by several strong parallels between the two arts, although they look very different indeed. Both are "free" styles that value improvisation rather than set drills and kata. Both place a strong emphasis upon creativity and natural movement. Also, both Capoeira and Systema are often practiced in a disciplined but informal atmosphere, rather than the quasi-militaristic protocols of many Asian martial arts.

Anyway, if anyone would like to do a bit of cross-training or just experience something new and different in the martial arts sphere, please check out our seminar website at http://groups.myspace.com/SystemaSeminar .

Ax�!

Tony
 Page: | 1 |

Go back

~ Add answer ~

Name (nick): *
Content: *
Click me if you are not a spam bot

generated 0.0356 sek | powered by QuickForum v2.1.6a